2 Kg Chicken, washed thoroughly and cut into cubed- pieces
4 Onion (medium), chopped into small cubes
2 tbsp Tomato paste
2 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
5 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Black mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Red chilly powder
2 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
Salt - as rqd.
Coriander leaves- to garnish
- In a pan, heat some oil and add the chicken pieces.
- Wait till their water comes out off the chicken.
- Then take out the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat oil in another pan.
- Splutter black mustard seeds, fennel seed and curry leaves. Add onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook until soft. Turn heat to low heat and add red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala and salt.
- Saute thoroughly for at least 8 minutes in low heat for masalas to bring out the flavor and smell.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté thoroughly over medium-high heat
- Stir regularly so it doesn't stick to bottom .
- Cook chicken uncovered until well done. Garnish with coriander leaves and split green chillies. Serve hot