- 1-2 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Can Tomato Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
- Long Grain White Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups of Vegetable broth
- Soak rice for over an hour and drain completely
- In a saucepan heat 4 tbsp of Oil and toast rice till it start changing its color from white.
- Add crushed garlic, onion and saute for couple of minutes.
- In a blender, add a can of tomato puree, 1 tsp Salt, 2 cups of vegetable broth. Blend well.
- Pour liquid from blender carefully, your oil is hot. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- Let set for a few minutes before serving.
You can add diced carrots or peas for color. If non-vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth.
Serving Suggestion: Melt some mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of re fried beans on the same plate.