- When using all-purpose flour, keep in mind that one pound flour is the equivalent to 4 cups.
- When using dried beans and peas, keep in mind that 1 cup dry beans or peas makes 2 1/2 cups cooked.
- When using rice, keep in mind that 1 cup of uncooked long-grain white rice makes 3 cups cooked.
- When using granulated sugar, keep in mind that one pound sugar is the equivalent to 2 cups.
- When using spaghetti, keep in mind that 8 ounces of uncooked pasta makes 4 cups cooked
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10g ginger, grated
- 225g cooked chicken, diced
- 300g prepared stir fry vegetables
- 350g cooked rice
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or work. Cook garlic, ginger and chicken for 2 mins.
- Add vegetables and rice and stir fry for 2mins then transfer to a warm bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the wok, add the beaten egg and cook for 1min stirring until the eggs have scrambled.
- Return the rice and vegetables to the wok, add soy sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately in bowls.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated pepper Jack
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mist two mini muffin pans (12 cups each) with nonstick cooking spray. Melt butter in small saucepan over mediumlow heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes (do not let brown). Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk and eggs. Stir in onion mixture and cheese. Make a well in flour mixture and add milk mixture, stirring until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. of batter into each muffin cup. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until a toothpick dipped in center of a muffin comes out clean. Place pans on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins to rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- 2 Cups fresh mushroom slices.
- 60 gm Butter
- 1/4 Cup small onion dices
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Cups Whole milk
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Minced chives, to decorate
- Clean and remove ends of mushroom stems and then slice mushrooms.
- Take a medium frying pan and melt the butter in it.
- Add mushroom slices and onion dices. Cook till brown.
- Mix in flour, salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a large casserole.
- Pour in chicken broth, milk, cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer over medium heat without boiling, stirring until really hot.
- Serve into individual bowls, sprinkled with chives.
- Chicken and Mushroom Cream Soup is ready.
- 3 Apples chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar1
- tsp Cinnamon
- Dash Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
Oven Temp ~ 350° Baking Time ~ 30 Min.
Pan Type ~ 9 x 13 inch pan or two loaf pans
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and milk. Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into creamed mixture. Stir in about 1/2 of the chopped apple chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining chopped apples. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over top. Bake.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Cut butter into above mixture until crumbly.
- Even though peanut butter has about 20 percent saturated fat, it has no cholesterol and is considered a healthful food. It's rich in potassium and gives you fiber, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. And its high level of unsaturated fat actually helps reduce the LDL bad cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease. Peanut butter is the main ingredient in America's favorite sandwich, but it's not just for kids. Peanut butter is used in sauces and dressings, cakes and cookies, and it's pretty tasty on a spoon straight out of the jar. November is Peanut Butter Lovers' Month. Indulge in a PB & J sandwich. It's best served with a glass of milk.
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 papaya - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the mango, papaya, oranges, kiwis and pineapple.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, marshmallow and vanilla extract on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Topping can be poured over fruit or left in a separate bowl for dipping.
**Sugar (optional): add to taste
- Measure ingredients. Combine juices.
- Combine caffeine powder and guarana powder.
- Add 500 ml of sparkling water to dilute.
- Lemons stored in a sealed jar of water will produce twice the juice.
- Bread will stay fresh longer if a celery rib is stored with it in the package.
- If you need only 1/2 an onion, save the root half. It will last longer.
- Sunlight doesn't ripen tomatoes, warmth does. Store tomatoes with stems pointed down and they will stay fresher, longer.
- Poke a hole in the middle of the hamburger patties while shaping them.
- The burgers will cook faster and the holes will disappear when done.
- Fresh fish freeze well in a milk carton filled with water.
- Half of prepared pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups (16 ounces) Wisconsin Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Prego Regular or Extra Chunky spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread dough evenly in greased 14 inch pizza pan.
- Sprinkle a cup of Fontina cheese evenly over dough. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Place remaining Fontina Cheese in center to form a 2 to 3 inch circle. arrange prosciutto in a ring around cheese. Arrange artichokes and olives in another ring. Arrange mushrooms in a ring around edge of crust. Top with walnuts. Lightly brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is crisp and lightly browned. Cut into 8 wedges.
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion(peel & chopped)
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 tomato(chopped)
- Handful coriander leaves(chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots & cauliflower(chopped & boiled)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard-cumin seeds
- In one bowl beat the eggs & keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, let the cumin-mustard seeds splutter, further add ginger-garlic paste & then onion.
- When onion become golden brown colored, add tomato, cook them for 3 min.
- Now add salt, turmeric & chilly powder, then peas & other vegetables. mix them properly & finally add beaten eggs.
- Cook it like a regular scrambled, then add coriander leaves,sprinkle lemon juice,mix it.remove from fire & serve.
- 250 gm Chicken, boiled and minced
- 500 gm Plain flour
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 Inch ginger, chopped
- 2 Green chilli, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Combine flour, oil and salt in a bowl, mix well.
- Add water to make it a soft dough.
- Chop green chillies, onions, garlic and ginger.
- Combine them with minced chicken.
- Add soya sauce to it and mix well, set aside.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Roll them into a small round and put 1 tsp of the filling in the middle.
- Seal it and steam in a momo steamer.
- Steam it for about 20 minutes.
- Serve Chicken Momos with tomato-garlic sauce.
- 4 Pomfret Fish (200gm each)
- 2 tbsp of Mustard Paste
- 1 tbsp of Onion Paste
- 1 tsp of Garlic paste
- 1 Bunch of Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 100 gm of Grated Cheese
- 3 tbsp of Refined Oil
- Remove the head from the fish, slit it (don't cut it) on both the sides.
- Marinate the fish which is slitted with all the spices in it except grated cheese for more than 2 hrs.
- Now grease the baking tray with oil and place the marinated fish.
- Top it with grated cheese on each of the fish and pour 2 tsp of oil on the top.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- Baked Pomfret is ready.
- 1 1/4 cups Sifted flour
- 2 1/2 cups Walnuts, divided
- 3 cups Grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
Oven Temp ~ 350° Baking Time ~ 1 Hour & 5 Min.
- Preheat oven, grease your pan. Drop walnuts into boiling water. Boil 5-min. Drain well. Spread in shallow baking pan. Toast at 350 for 15-20 min. until golden brown, stirring often. Set aside 1/2 cup. of halves & large pieces for decoration. Chop remainder coarsely.
- Re sift flour. Mix with salt, baking soda & baking powder.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar & oil while still beating. Add flour mixture. Mix till you get a smooth batter.
- Stir in carrots, raisins, & chopped walnuts. Turn into prepared pan. Set pan on sheet of aluminum foil, cupping edges up around pan slightly, if pan has a removable bottom.
- Bake until cake is done. Cool in pan.
- When cake is cold, remove from pan & spread with Cream Cheese Frosting. Decorate with walnut halves.
1 (8 oz.) pkg Cream cheese
1/2 cup Butter
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
(adding 'till mixture is spreading consistency)
Cream Cheese Icing is a quick and easy way to finish off any of our Cake recipes. Cream all ingredients together until smooth, then use it as icing the cake.
Unlike other brands of tea, Waitrose speciality teas use mostly traditional whole leaf grades of tea. These are blended by our tea experts to produce a range that reflects the unique flavour of each tea.
Tea was discovered in China over 5000 years ago, but it was not until about 2700 BC that it became associated with health-giving properties. Legend has it that a certain Emperor Shen-Nung, who was at the time suffering from some aches and pains, drank a cup of boiled water into which some tea leaves had accidentally fallen and lo and behold - his pains disappeared.
Today, modern science is helping to unlock some of the secrets of this natural beverage, showing it can be more than just a welcome drink to wake up to or a delicious way to unwind.
- Like some fruit and vegetables, tea contains naturally occurring antioxidants called flavonoids which form an important part of a healthy diet.
- Tea with milk contains a number of vitamins and minerals, in particular it has reasonable quantities of fluoride and manganese.
- Tea has no calories and even when you add semi-skimmed milk it still only contains 14 Calories and 0.4g fat per cup (so long as you keep off the sugar).
- Tea helps us to meet the recommended intake of 6-8 cups of fluid per day, especially when taken as a refreshing thirst-quencher after exercise. Over half our body weight is water and it is important to replenish any fluid loss as soon as possible.
- 2 Waitrose Ceylon tea bags
- Juice of 3 limes, plus 1 lime, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 12-18 ice cubes
- Pour 1 litre boiling water into a heatproof jug with both tea bags and infuse for 3-5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags then leave to cool.
- Pour the cooled tea into a serving jug containing the lime juice, lime slices and sugar and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the ice cubes and serve.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- ½ kg Onions
- ¼ kg Tomatoes
- 5-6 Green chilly big with slits
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala(Spicy) powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1½ tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Cut the onions in thin slices, in a pan put oil and the chop onions till golden brown, now add the cut tomatoes and mix it well, to make a smooth salsa, add one by one cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder and mix well.
- If the paste has become dry, just add little water, when the spices starts leaving oil from the edges, add the hard boil eggs, but before that make deep slits in the eggs, so that the spices gets into the eggs, cover it for 5 to 10 min on slow flame, check in between, to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander & leave for another 10 minutes without flame. Spicy egg roast is ready
- 2 cups Pasta, (any shape),
- 1/2 cup red Capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange Capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Olives, chopped
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Basil
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic
- pinch of hot Pepper flakes
- Boil the pasta and place it under cold running water.
- In a salad bowl, place the pasta, capsicum, black olives and mix well.
- Now in a separate bowl whisk vinegar, water, oil, basil, mustard, garlic, hot pepper flakes and mix well.
- Pour this mixture on the pasta, mix well and refrigerate it for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and black olives.
- Serve cold.
- 2 tsp Chocolate Powder
- 1 tsp Gelatin
- 1 glass Milk
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 4 Cherries
- Sugar to taste
- 100 gm Cream
- 10 Walnuts.
- Mix sugar and chocolate powder in 1 cup boiling water. Take off heat.
- Mix gelatin in 1/4 cup water, and add in the chocolate mix.
- Bring milk to boiling point. Mix the cornflour in little amount of cold milk, and pour this mixture into boiling milk and mix. Cook for two minutes.
- Pour this mixture in a serving dish. Add the chocolate mixture and mix slightly, and keep in the refrigerator.
- When it is set pour some fresh cream on it. Top it with cherries and nuts,and keep it refrigerator to cool.
- Serve chilled.
- 2 lbs. Chicken
- 2 cups Yoghurt
- 2 tbsps. Garlic
- 2 tbsps. Ginger
- 3 tbsps. red Chili Powder
- 2 tsps. All spice powder(cloves, cardamom, black pepper and cinnamon)
- 2 nos. Onion(large)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium size pieces. Mix it with the curd, chilli powder, spicy powder, salt and ginger/garlic paste and keep aside for 3-4 hours.
- Slice onion finely. Heat 4 teaspoons of oil and fry the onions to a golden brown color.
- Now add the marinated chicken along with the marinade and simmer till done.
- Adjust salt if necessary and serve hot with a few lemon wedges.
- 1-2 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Can Tomato Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
- Long Grain White Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups of Vegetable broth
- Soak rice for over an hour and drain completely
- In a saucepan heat 4 tbsp of Oil and toast rice till it start changing its color from white.
- Add crushed garlic, onion and saute for couple of minutes.
- In a blender, add a can of tomato puree, 1 tsp Salt, 2 cups of vegetable broth. Blend well.
- Pour liquid from blender carefully, your oil is hot. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- Let set for a few minutes before serving.
You can add diced carrots or peas for color. If non-vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth.
Serving Suggestion: Melt some mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of re fried beans on the same plate.
- 2 pieces of Chicken (breasts or thighs) boneless.
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tsp Ginger,Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves (very finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 small Onion (peeled and cut into big pieces)
- 1 small Tomato (peeled and chopped)
- Wash chicken, put in a pot with 3 cups of water.
- Cut carrots into pieces, add to the pot with tomato, onion, ginger, garlic paste and salt.
- Cover the pot and cook till chicken done.
- Heat butter, add cumin, when they crackle, add soup and 1 cup of water. Mix it.
- Bring it to boil (adjust the thickness of soup,as you like.)
- Sprinkle pepper powder, mix it and transfer in a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with buttered buns.
- 1 pound bacon
- 10 Eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can re fried Beans
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 (10 inch) flour Tortillas
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
- Fry the eggs in a greased skillet until firm. In a small sauce pan heat the re fried beans.
- Top each tortilla with re fried beans, 2 strips of bacon, 1 egg and a little cheese. Roll tortillas into burritos and serve.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 Orange
- few drops orange essence
- orange colour
- Beat egg white and egg yolk separately till the white part gets fluffy
- Add sugar, refined oil, fresh orange juice, grated orange pieces, few drops of orange essence, orange colour and flour in egg yoke
- Mix the fluffy egg white in the above mixture and beat for a minute
- Pour the mixture in round vessel and keep it in oven at 170 degree centigrade for 1 hour
- 15 Cauliflower florets(cut with little stem)
- 2 no.s beaten Eggs
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp refined Oil
- 5 cups Water
- Boil 5 cups of water and put 2 tsp chilli powder ,1 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder.Turn off the fire.
- Add cauliflower florets to it and close the lid then drain the water after 3 mins. keep it aside.
- Add pepper powder and 1 tsp salt to the beaten egg mixture. mix that well.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and dip all the cauliflower florets in beaten egg-mixture and shallow-fry them on both sides till they turn golden brown.
- Serve them with tomato-ketchup.
One pound turmeric = 4 cups
1 Tablespoon = 1/4 ounce
- Fresh tumeric roots should have a spicy fragrance and stubby fingers protruding from the sides of the root. Refrigerate unpeeled turmeric, tightly wrapped, for 3 weeks.
- Tumeric is typically boiled or steamed and then dried and ground into powder. Use ground tumeric in fish or rice dishes. Be careful with fresh turmeric, it will stain your hands and clothing.
- Ground Turmeric has a characteristic musky, earthy aroma and a pungent, slightly bitter flavor.
- Turmeric is a powerful coloring agent. Used to color and flavor prepared mustard, pickles, relish, chutneys, and rice dishes as well as butter and cheese. It is also used in spice blends in the Caribbean, India, North Africa, the Middle East, and Indonesia such as curry powder and rendangs.
- ½ liter Milk
- 3 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ice-cream Powder
- ½ tsp Custard Powder
- ½ cup Mango Pulp
- Boil milk until it is reduced to half its volume.
- Add sugar and boil to till sugar dissolves.
- Add custard powder (dissolve in water) and boil for a minute.
- Add ice-cream powder, stir and remove from heat.
- Cool and add milk powder and mango pulp.
- Beat the mixture well in a baking pan and allow it to freeze semi-set.
- Take out from freezer and beat the frozen mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture to baking pan and cover it with foil freeze again.
- 2 Brinjals .
- 1 Apple
- 7 Grapes ,seedless
- 5 Dates
- 10 Raisins
- 2 tsp freshly ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 2 tsp refined Oil
- Cut brinjals, apple,grapes and dates.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add sliced brinjals and fry for a min.
- Then add freshly ground pepper corns and salt.fry for a min.turn off the flame.keep it aside.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Now add all the chopped fruits and raisins and mix well.
- Serve it with Orange Lassi.(An deal Combination).
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup ice Water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen Orange juice concentrate
- 12 cubes Ice
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup white Sugar
- In a blender combine milk, water, orange juice concentrate, ice cubes, vanilla and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into three 12 oz glasses and enjoy with a straw.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- ½ c Teriyaki sauces
- 2 chop Tomato
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper diced fine
- 2 t chopped Cilantro
- ¼ c Mustard
- ¼ c Honey
- 1 1/2-T Sugar
- 1-T Oil
- 1 ½-T apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½-t juice of a Lime
- 1 large bag mixed salad greens
- 1 can Pineapple chunks
- 4 c Corn chips
- Preheat your grill.
- Marinade your chicken in the teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours. Mix next four ingredients, cover, and refrigerate.
- Mix next six ingredients, cover, and refrigerate. Take your chicken and put on grill. Cook 6-8 minutes per side. Make sure juices run clear for d oneness.
- Take the salad greens and put onto plates.
- Put a few spoonfuls of pineapple on top of them.
- Break up chips and sprinkle on top of salads. Next, take some of the grilled chicken and lay on top of the salad.
- Take your dressing out of the refrigerator and pour over the top of each salad.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 tsp Ghee or Butter
- Coursely grind the soaked almonds from grinder.
- Heat a thick based pan with ghee or butter, add ground almonds in it.
- Keep mixing almonds with butter for 5 min.
- Now add sugar & mix it. As sugar starts melting, mixture becomes moist.
- Then add condensed milk.
- Allow to cook it for 5-7min, then add cardamom powder & remove it from fire.
- Serve it hot. it can store for 4-5 days in fridge.
- 1/2 kg keema or minced Mutton
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green chilli paste
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala or Spicy
- 1/2 Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Cheese to sprinkle
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- In a fry pan. Heat oil and fry the chopped onion to golden brown in color.
- Then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste followed by the keema or minced mutton and the spices.
- Cover and cook till the minced mutton is cooked and all the water has dried up.
- Then remove the minced mutton to a plate and let it cool down. Then add the beaten eggs to it. In a flat greased bowl put the mixture and then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10-15mins or till golden on top. Then chop into pieces and sprinkle coriander leave.
- 6 to 8 Button Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Pepper powder to taste
- Chop onion and garlic finely. Slice mushrooms vertically. Grind cumin seeds.
- Melt butter in a pan. Put garlic. Fry till golden brown. Add onions. Fry till it is soft.
- Add mushrooms and fry for 30 secs. Add tomato paste and mix. Pour vegetable stock. Add cumin seeds. Bring it to boil for 3 mins.
- Make cornflour slurry by adding a little water to it.
- Add the slurry to the soup. Boil for 2 mins. turn off the flame.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Controlled, cool storage is the best way to keep raisins. Raisins will retain color, flavor and nutritional value for up to five months if stored at 45° F or less.
- To maintain optimum freshness, keep raisins sealed in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in your coolest storage area.
- Raisins freeze well for long periods of time. They also thaw quickly at room temperature.
- When raisins become dry or when a recipe calls for plumped raisins, cover the amount needed with very hot tap water and soak for two to five minutes. (Do not soak any longer than five minutes. Flavor and important nutrients can be lost.)
- To chop raisins, use a lightly oiled knife or blade
- Raisins keep cookies and cakes moist. Chopped raisins impart a full flavor to baked goods. Add whole, sliced, or chopped raisins to muffins, breads, cookies, and other desserts.
- 500 ml. Milk
- 4 slices of Bread
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. chopped mixed Nuts (dry fruits)
- 1 tsp. Ghee or Butter
- 2 tsp. fresh Malai (cream)
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom powder
- 1-2 threads of Saffron
- Boil milk till reduced to half. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron (dissolved in a little milk) towards the end of the process.
- Cut the bread slices into round shape with the help of a round object of sharp edge.
- Apply a little ghee or butter on both sides and toast it on a fry pan very lightly (not brown).
- Mix the nuts with the cream or malai and apply on one side of two bread pieces.
- Place the other two pieces on top of each (like a sandwich)
- Place it on a serving dish and pour the thick milk over it.
- Garnish it with chopped nuts and serve (hot or cold)