- 1 tin Pineapple
- 200gms. Flour
- 180 gms. Sugar
- 120 ml Refined oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 15 - 20 Fresh Strawberries
- 4 tblsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tblsp Strawberry Jam
- Chop the strawberries into tiny pieces.
- Heat 1 cup of water and add the chopped strawberries.
- Cook till the sugar gets dissolved and strawberries are soft.
- Add the cinnamon and stir.
- Cook on a low flame for a minute and then add the jam.
- Mix gently and cook for another minute and remove from flame.
- Beat the eggs till fluffy.
- Add the sugar and the oil and continue to beat with a hand blender or in a mixer till the mixture is smooth and the sugar has melted completely.
- More smooth the batter more soft the cake will be.
- Mix the baking powder in the flour and mix the sugar, oil and egg mixture slowly into the flour, taking care that no lumps form.
- Grease a circular cake tin and lay out the pineapple pieces on the bottom of the tin.
- Pour the prepared batter gently on the the pieces and bake it in a preheated oven at 180C or till cake is done.
- To check if the cake is ready insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean without any mixture coating, the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the cake gets cool , invert the cake on a serving dish with the pineapple sides on the top.
- Top it with the strawberry sauce.